Exhausted Momma

Oh boy. It's one of those exhausting days. Brooklynn is doing so well talking and is so book smart. But when she is tired, she's a handful and has no sense of logic. Sadly, this is a result of the injury to the left side of her brain. 
When this whole ordeal happened, and we were sitting in ER, I for some reason just had this idea in the back of my mind that because we were at the hospital and because she had been coherent in the ambulance, that she would recover and only be in the hospital a few days. Okay, I'd never been in ER, so obviously I had know idea. It wasn't until the days kept dragging on and she just wasn't herself that I think I realized the severity of the situation. 
I knew she had fallen a long distance, but occurring a brain injury? It didn't even cross my mind. 
She has here good days and bad days. Today, unfortunately is on of the bad. I don't know if it's because I was with her in the hospital almost every night in February, or if it's just one of those strange side effects of TBI (traumatic brain injuries). But she only wants Mommy and doesn't want anyone (including her siblings) to have Mommy. I love the cuddling she finally does though. 
So her sense of logic. I used to be able to reason with her. No more. Especially when she's tired. It's her way or the highway. And when she doesn't get her way, she starts to get violent. Unfortunately, baby sis is starting to pick up on Brookie's kicking, biting, hitting and throwing stuff. (Sigh)
Today I'm just exhausted from the tantrums she's been throwing. It's supposed to be nap time. It's not happening. She's not sleeping. Oh boy. TGIF. The hubby comes home in a couple hours. Then maybe I can have a peaceful moment. 
-Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Brooklynn has made as much progress as she has! Hang in there, she is at a tricky age to begin with (been there done that!) so maybe it could just be a combination of everything. I hope a good night of rest helps!
    Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails